Ellistown Primary School wraparound childcare provision exists to provide high quality out-of-school hour’s childcare for our parents. It provides a range of stimulating and creative activities in a safe environment.
The club operates from 7.15am – 8.45am and from 3.15pm – 5.45pm term time. A copy of this policy is provided to all parents of children attending club and is also available on the school website.
All parents must complete a registration form for each child attending the club and sign an agreement to adhere to the terms of this policy.
• Only children attending Ellistown Primary School are eligible to attend Club.
• All places are subject to availability.
• The registration process must be completed prior to the child’s commencement at the club.
• All parents will receive a paper copy of this policy and this policy is available to view via our school website.
• Non contracted pupils are welcomed to use the club provided there are spaces and parents/carers have previously completed the registration process.
• All club staff are made aware of the details of a new child.
• Children’s attendance is recorded in a register.
Breakfast club will now ‘include’ toast or cereal if your child arrives before 8.15 am. At the other end of the day we will all sit down together to eat at 5pm. Your child will have the option to either pre order a school packed lunch at a cost of £2.30 (paid for via ParentMail) or bring their own. If you prefer they may sit quietly with a book at this time instead.
An online booking form should be completed each month via our school app, a charge of £2.00 per session will be added if a minimum of 12 hours’ notice has not be given to secure a place in the club. Parents and carers will also be charged for non-attendance, unless a minimum of 12 hours’ notice has been given. This is to support us with staffing, as we will need to get extra staff if numbers rise.
We are in the process of putting together an exciting programme of activities, to give the children something to look forward to at the end of a long school day.
7.15am - 8.45am - £8.19 (includes breakfast)
7.45am – 8.45am - £5.46 (includes breakfast)
8.15am – 8.45am - £2.73 (does not include Breakfast)
3.15pm - 3.45pm - £2.73
3.15pm – 4.15pm - £5.46
3.15pm – 5.00pm - £9.54
3.15pm –5.30pm - £12.27
3.15pm –5.45pm - £13.64
Any time after 5.45pm - £21.40
All afterschool prices include a drink and a biscuit. Children will also be provided with a further drink and a slice of toast after 5.00pm
• 3.15pm – 3.20pm - Children collected from school.
• 3.45pm – 4.00pm - Children will be offered a snack, staff members will sit with the children at this time. Children can then choose from a range of play and planned activities, both indoors and outdoors.
Whilst attending Club children are expected to follow the Ellistown Way by:
• Using socially acceptable behaviour.
• Respect one another, accepting differences of race, gender, ability, age and religion.
• Choose and participate in a variety of activities.
• Ask for help if needed.
• Enjoy their time at the Club.
Dealing with inappropriate behaviour:
This will be dealt with in accordance with the school behaviour policy, this can be found on the school website.
If after consultation with parents and the implementation of behaviour management strategies, a child continues to display inappropriate behaviour, the Club may decide to exclude the child. The reasons and processes involved will be clearly explained to the child and their parent/carer.
• All accidents will be recorded in the school accident book, accurately reported to the parents/carer upon collection and signed by a member of staff.
• Accident records must give details of; time, date and nature of the accident, details of the child involved, type and location of the injury, action taken, and by whom.
• All incidents are dealt with by a qualified first aider.
Parents of any child who become unwell during Club will be contacted immediately. If a child is sent home during school hours, Club will be informed of their absence.
Missing or Uncollected children
In the event that a child goes missing, the following procedure will be undertaken:
• Senior school staff will be informed of the missing child.
• Club supervisor will search the inside of the building and delegate an outside search of the building to another member of staff. If the child remains missing, the emergency services will be contacted.
If a child has not been collected by 5.45pm parents will be contacted in the first instance by telephone. The additional contacts parents have provided will be telephoned in the second instance. If these contacts are unavailable after approximately one hour, the police and Social Services will be informed.
Payment of Fees -
It is a requirement of the club that parents pay their fees at the time of booking. Any hours attended which are not pre-booked will incur and admin fee of £2.00 for am and pm sessions.
Fees are paid when a booking for the club is made. Any extra hours will be invoiced directly to parents/ carers and will need to be paid before any further bookings are made. Any bookings made after the “cut-off” time will incur an administration fee of £2.00 per booking, this will be invoiced and will need to be paid before any futher bookings made.
The parent signing the clubs registration form is known as the ‘contracting parent’ and is responsible for payment of all fees.
If a parent is experiencing difficulty with payment of their fees, they should contact the school office staff as soon as possible. Our staff will treat all matters confidentially and arrange for discussions in private.
Fees are to be paid via Arbor or by childcare vouchers.
Related Whole School Policies:
This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.